Your child’s dental well being is very important to us, and to help make their visits as positive as possible we recommend coming to see us when the first teeth arrive, this helps ensure that they get used to the surroundings and we can also advise on healthy diets and good tooth cleansing techniques.
During your child’s Dental health check we carefully assess their whole mouth, paying particular attention to the growing teeth ensuring that all the teeth and surrounding structures are developing normally. We also assess and discuss whether Orthodontic treatment (braces) will be advisable.
Unfortunately some children do experience dental decay which is very preventable, and one of our key roles as dentists is to ensure that this is kept to a minimum. Although tooth decay has declined in children and young people in recent years it still remains a significant health challenge.
To help we offer a Children’s Dental Prevention Plan, this plan includes a range of painless treatments which have been shown to be the most effective in reducing or eliminating dental decay, and includes:-
Our children’s dental prevention plan is available to Practice Plan members children, please speak to reception for details.
Young person dental decay prevention plan
- Two dental visits per year, which includes a detailed Dental Health Check and an assessment of the developing teeth.
- Advice on diet and decay prevention.
- Fluoride Varnish application on the infant or primary teeth.
- Application of Fissure Sealants to the adult or secondary teeth.
- 20% reduction on all routine dental treatment.
- Assessment of emergencies within 24 hours where ever possible and 20% discount off treatment.
- Emergency call-out insurance.